Pages

Monday, May 16, 2011

dear today

dear today
i wanted to thank you
so many intriguing gifts
must not be ungraciously received.
i thought the mouse
delivered by a 5th grader
which was so carefully wrapped in a trash can
was perhaps
the most thoughtful.
its wide black eyes
held me transfixed
vexed.
the doors
the green doors
which i see you have seen fit
to ensure that no matter what
no matter who
or when
or why
or how often they are painted
will never, ever
be the same shade of green
inspire me.
you blessed me
with the old men
neighborhood vagrants
who loiter during the children's games
they are full of wisdom
and beetlenut.
but mostly
thanks for caring.
thank you for remembering me
for knowing that the regular fare
the usual bits
will not do for me
for taking the time to make every moment

personalized.

yours truly
the red mohawked one

No comments:

Post a Comment