Pages

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Blood diamond/ spiritual application


It seems nowdays that scarcely any profound truth or message of any value is to be found in the media, but tucked in the dialogue of BLOOD DIAMOND I have found something that caught me off guard with its simplicity.

"I know they made you do bad things, but you are not a bad boy; I am your father who loves you, and you will come home with me and be my son again"
---
"I know they made you do bad things, but you are not a bad boy".
Though we are sinners through and through and have done unspeakable transgressions against the law of God, His blood covers us and releases us from the guilt and subsequent fate we deserve.

"I am your father who loves you, and you will come home with me and be my son again"
Wow. Could you say it any clearer? In the scene where this line is said, the father (Solomon) has just traveled several days, endured countless perils, been threatened, beaten, shot at, cut, basically put his very life on the line for the sake of being united with his son (whom he was seperated from at the beginning of the movie during a violent raid on their village).

All this for a son who had been kidnapped, brainwashed, and forced to be a brutal killer. How much more then, is the love of our heavenly father towards us! How much greater is His pursuit for His wayward children. Though we have done terrible things, He still chases us and begs for reconciliation; and much of the time, we aren't even aware that we're the subject of a dangerous mission in hostile territory to save our helpless wretched skins.

There were many more spiritual parallels I drew during the course of the movie, but to go into them all would be redundant, I just wanted to make this main point. If you wanna talk about it ask lol.. I never thought I would find spiritual insight in a movie, but I guess God uses a great variety of mediums to reach a listening heart : )

Have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment