Pages

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Postcard from my morning (a night by the ocean)

Wish you were here.

The humid air inside this nylon cocoon

is suffocating.

The stale lingering scent of yesterdays adventures

fills my nostrils

as the crass squawking of gulls

entrenched in their bitter disputes just outside

fades into my consciousness-

I've been awake for a while now

and I wish you were here.

Moving only my eyes, I spot my comatose tent-mates

Silent, stoic, unmoving

as horizontal Buckingham redcoats.

Why am I still lying here

the world tilts 90 degrees

Fumbling for my clothes, my hands scuff against

billions of tiny unwelcome guests

gritty ambassadors of the cloudy Atlantic

and I am dressed

zzzzzzzzzzzz goes the perpetually disagreeable zipper

I clumsily make my way outside

scaring the white winged sea-gypsies

(they go scuttling away, protesting loudly)

I make my way to the ocean

The sunrise pours over me, into me

The salty breeze fills my lungs

Serenity

I wish you were here

No comments:

Post a Comment